Asbestos testing kit Glasgow.
Take samples and these will be tested at a UKAS lab conditions by trained and licensed technicians trained in handling asbestos for testing in a save and non harmful way. You will then receive UKAS certification outlining any possible ACMs.
Asbestos testing kit Glasgow based in the West End of Glasgow. Will provide all you need to safely and quickly take samples for testing. As well as supplying the necessary certification required.
If you have had a negative result back, we also can provide after plastering and painting, decorating or rubbish removal for you and your family.
Asbestos testing kits have become a major part of building works.
Asbestos was widely used between 1920 and 1989, after which the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) began regulating and Asbestos testing materials containing materials were regulated. Asbestos can most commonly be found in buildings, some clothing and automotive brakes.
- Walls, flooring, textured paints, fireproofing materials and even old chalkboards constructed between 1920 and 1989 may contain asbestos.
Samples tested at UKAS accredited Lab give you complete peace of mind.
- Buildings that where constructed between 1920 and 1989, chances are something in the building was constructed with materials containing asbestos.
- Few materials made today are constructed with asbestos. Items that do contain asbestos are now labelled as such.
- You can not tell whether an item contains asbestos just by looking at it. Furthermore, looking for warning signs that construction materials are degrading.
- Asbestos is not dangerous, when it is still in good condition, but when it starts to break down and the fibres are released in the air and it becomes toxic.
- Look for signs of older materials that have become worn out or damaged.
- Disintegrating pipes, insulation, walls, tiles, vinyl flooring, stove top pads, and other older materials that have been present in the building since its construction are signs to look out for.
- Look for cracks, dusty areas and spots where the material seems to be in the process of breaking down and falling apart.
- When materials that contain asbestos are disturbed or damaged, the fibres are released into the air. When these fibres are inhaled they can cause serious diseases. Asbestos testing is the best way to no for sure.
These diseases will not affect you immediately, but they often take a long time to develop. Once diagnosed, it is often too late to do anything.
This is why it is important that you protect yourself now.
Get it tested.